About Dr. Jessica Higgins
Dr. Jessica Higgins
Relationship Coach | Transformational Coach & Facilitator
With two graduate degrees in psychology, two coaching certifications, and over 20 years of experience helping clients achieve successful results, Jessica offers you an integrative and comprehensive blend of psychology and coaching all in one.
Jessica is known for her deep understanding and keen perception; while being able to translate her observations and knowledge to help clients shift and transform their ways of relating. She guides clients on a path from confusion and heartache to clarity and authentic connection. Her ultimate goal is to help people acquire the insight, learning, and practice to navigate the terrain of intimacy more effectively. With Jessica’s assistance, couples and individuals transform pain and struggle into deep love, connection, and vitality.
Jessica is a Licensed Psychologist (PSY-3991) and Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC-5464) in the state of Colorado. She holds a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and a M.A. in Counseling Psychology. She is also a certified Dream Builder Coach and Life Mastery Consultant. Dr. Jessica Higgins is also the founder and creator of Connected Couple, which is a comprehensive, research-based, transformational, relationship program. This program helps couples at any stage in their relationship or marriage.
Clients schedule video and telephone sessions with Jessica to address their concerns and seek support in shifting their experience. During her relationship workshops and courses, individuals and couples learn how to achieve new levels of success, meaning, and aliveness within their relationship. Jessica also authors a blog that provides valuable information for relationship, loving, and optimal living. She is also the host of the Empowered Relationship Podcast which inspires, motivates, and guides individuals and couples into more empowered, conscious, and evolved ways of loving.
Jessica’s approach is primarily integrative in nature and is strongly influenced by considering each clients’ particular needs. Since client’s needs tend to vary greatly, she has found it useful to integrates ideas, skills, and techniques from a variety of therapeutic modalities and evidence based treatments. In creating a unique and customized formula, Jessica also considers clients’ mental, emotional, physical, spiritual, relational, and creative health.
Jessica has a positive orientation, placing a great deal of importance on facilitating positive regard, compassion, and empowerment with clients. Throughout the therapeutic relationship, she attends to client’s strengths, insights, and inner wisdom. Her personal style is genuine, supportive, and encouraging.
• Relationship Coaching & Family/ Marital/Couples Therapy
• Transformational & Therapeutic Coaching
• Humanistic: using unconditional positive regard and empathy
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: working with thought patterns, expectations, core beliefs
• Transpersonal & Spiritual Psychology: ability to address holistic and spiritual aspects
• Body Centered/Somatic Therapy: working with emotions, beliefs, patterns, and experiences held in the body
• Positive Psychology: emphasizing strengths and virtues
• Mindfulness: helping facilitate a calm awareness of one’s experience
• Interpersonal: focusing on relationships and interpersonal skills
• Psychodynamic: working with past experiences that affect our current way of relating with others
• Gestalt: working with the experience of the here and now
• Guided Imagery & Visualization & Relaxation Techniques
• Systems Theory: looking at the interrelatedness of complex systems
• Multiculturalism: acceptance of multiple ethnic cultures
Learn more by visiting the Get Started page or by listening to the Empowered Relationship Podcast. Please contact me if you have questions or would like to schedule a session.