ERP 021: How To Feel More Confident In Relationship
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
Show Notes: Be sure to listen to the episode to hear stories, examples, and more tips.
Most of have felt some level of insecurity, inadequacy or lack of confidence in relationship. Here are some tips to help you feel more capable, confident, and self-assured when relating to others:
Be Aware Of Your Body posture:
- Neurochemical response to your body posture – Ted Talk by Amy Cuddy
- Shoulders back, chin up, or victory pose
- Collapse your posture and look down and say “I feel sad.”
- Look up and expand your chest and say “I feel sad.”
- Walk with confidence.
- Does it feel different?
Focus On Your Breath:
- Diaphragm breathing
- Anxiety comes from anticipating the future.
- Be in the moment. Mindfulness.
- Your power is now.
- Use your five senses. What do I see, smell, hear, taste, and touch?
- Slow it down
- Feel your feet on the ground and feel your body to be more centered and solid.
Balance Your Thinking
In the next episode, I will offer four more ways to cultivate confidence in yourself and in relationship.
Thank you for listening. If you have more ideas or thoughts, I would love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment below.
If you have a topic that you would like me to discuss or a situation that you would like me to speak to, please contact me by clicking on the “Ask Dr. Jessica Higgins” button here. Thank you so much for being interested in improving the quality of your relationship.
Also, I would so appreciate your honest rating and review, if you would be willing to click here.
Thank you! ❤