ERP 024: The Most Important Ingredient To Shifting Conflicts
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
These are my Empowered Relationship podcast show notes. Be sure to listen to the episode to hear stories, examples, and more tips.
Conflict is normal, natural, and a healthy part of a long-term, intimate relationship. Yet, it is all too common to get stuck in power struggles and painful conflict patterns, which can lead to negativity loops, relationship dissatisfaction, and discontent.
How do you shift conflict patterns if they have been in effect for a while? How do you change the dynamic if you and your partner have been participating in unskillful or destructive behaviors?
If you didn’t read my article, Nine Destructive Behaviors To Avoid, you can find it here. Also, you can find the podcast, How To Stop The Drama, mentioned here.
“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” — John Pierpont Morgan
1. Recognize The Conflict Pattern
- Look at your conflict history.
- What is the dance?
- What is the tendency?
2. Explore Other Options
- Are there other approaches?
3. Choose A Different Path & Make A Decision
- When one person shifts, it shifts the whole dynamic.
- Shifting your priority to “right action” versus trying to resolve the issues in old ways.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” C. S. Lewis
- Integrity is doing the right thing, even when your partner is not.
- Commit to yourself. What do you want long-term with your partner?
- Honor your integrity. Have a clear conscience by doing the very best you can.
- Might be a solo journey for the moment.
- Gain self-respect.
- Trust yourself. You know how to handle yourself when things get tough.
- Trust the relationship.
- Foster maturity, strength, and positivity.
Stay tuned for the next episode to learn how to put these principles into action.
I would love to hear your thoughts about your experience with conflict in relationships. Do you have points to add to the conversation? Please leave me a comment below.
Mentioned: Be sure and check out The Art Of Mindful Wealth Summit. Listen and learn from over 24 world-class inspiring wealth and abundance experts sharing how you can hit the reset button and live with greater meaning, purpose and fulfillment!
If you have a topic that you would like me to discuss or a situation that you would like me to speak to, please contact me by clicking on the “Ask Dr. Jessica Higgins” button here. Thank you so much for your interest in exploring my relationship conflict resolution tips.
Also, I would so appreciate your honest rating and review of the Empowered Relationship podcast. Please click here.
Thank you! ❤