ERP 035: How To Not Sacrifice Your Relationship Health When You Are Working Hard
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
How to Balance Work and Love Life
These are my podcast show notes: Be sure to listen to the episode to hear stories, examples, and more tips.
Last week, I interviewed Dr. Jenev Caddell, She specializes in helping entrepreneurs balance work and relationships. She talked about the importance of making your relationship a priority, especial during busy work times. Today, I would like to share a few more tips.
Today, I would like to go into a little more depth. Here are some tips to consider:
- Find a balance between security and growth.
- Security allows you to take risks and grow.
- Being resourced
- Reassurance (“This is temporary. We are going to get through this.”)
- Belief (“We love each other. We are strong.”)
- “I’m not going to be as available for a period of time”
- Talk about ways to work together
- Be mindful about checking in and inviting communication
- Negotiate new agreements for clear expectations
- Follow through with your commitments (commit to less)
- Say things like, “Let me know if this isn’t working for you.”
- Say other things like, “Let me know when you need me”
- Demonstrate regard, consideration, and care when you can
- Be conscious of your actions and contributions
- Say words of acknowledgment
- Make time to be present
- Give your undivided attention
5. Awareness of Stress
- Reference the Stress Response Curve
- Recognize your cues – emotionally (irritable, quick to anger, overwhelmed), mentally (distracted, preoccupied), physically (shortness of breath, muscle tension, bumping into things, accident prone), socially (less connected and close, less positive interactions)
- Work to destress and find balance
- Do Self-care (sleep, nutrition, physical activity)
- Take breaks (time to disconnect, get away, get some perspective)
- Be aware of your breathing patterns
- Allow time (not going to happen right away)
- Communicate desire
- Be available
- Be patient
- Appreciate one another
Free Video Series:
Gain Instant Access to the 7 Biggest Pitfalls To Relationship Success & How To Overcome Them – Free Video.
If you have a topic you would like me to discuss or a situation you would like me to speak to, please contact me by clicking on the “Ask Dr. Jessica Higgins” button here.
Thank you so much for your interest in how to balance your work and love life! I believe in your relationship success!
Also, I would so appreciate your honest rating and review if you would be willing to click here.
Thank you! ❤
If you are interested in developing new skills to meet relationship challenges, please consider taking the Empowered Relationship Course or getting some relationship coaching.