ERP 037: How To Deal With A “No” In Relationship
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
Getting a “no” can be incredibly painful as it can bring up rejection issues in relationships. In this podcast episode, you will learn what happens when you get a frequent “no” in a love relationship and how you can deal with that “no” in a more healthy and non-threatening way.
(Show Notes: Be sure to listen to the episode to hear stories, examples, and more tips.)
What Is a “No?”
- Emotionally checking out or emotionally leaving the relationship
- Ultimatums and doubts, such as “yes – but”
- Break-up or divorce
What Happens When We Get a “No”
- People feel triggered and activated by love.
- People don’t know how to deal with their reactions so they behave unskillfully.
- People don’t have a growth mindset – where they can see their love relationship as an opportunity for healing, integration, or development.
How to Deal With Rejection in Love Relationships
- Know yourself – better understand what you desire and what you want.
- Value yourself – value your worth, qualities, and contributions.
- Be a “yes” to you – accept and stand for what you want and desire.
If you have a topic you would like me to discuss or a situation you would like me to speak to, please contact me by clicking on the “Ask Dr. Jessica Higgins” button here.
Thank you so much for your interest in eliminating rejection issues in your love relationship! I believe in your relationship success!
Also, I would so appreciate your honest rating and review. Please leave a review by clicking here.
Thank you! ❤
If you are interested in developing new skills to overcome relationship challenges, please consider taking the Empowered Relationship Course or getting some relationship coaching.