ERP 099: How To Work The Masculine And Feminine Polarity with Michaela Boehm
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
Guest Michaela Boehm
Michaela Boehm teaches and counsels internationally as an expert in intimacy and sexuality. She combines her background in psychology and extensive clinical experience with her in-depth training in the yogic arts as a classical Kashmiri Tantric lineage holder into a unique offering of experiential learning. She is passionate about teaching skills that enhance deep intimacy, lasting attraction and give each participant the tools for full embodiment and capacity. Michaela also co-taught with David Deida for 13 years. Michaela teaches workshops & intimacy intensives for men and women as well as offers mentorships and relationship counseling.
In this episode, Michaela Boehm brings a wealth of knowledge and experience, as she talks with us about the importance of working with our inner masculine and feminine energies, so that we can increase our capacity for intimacy, sexual and erotic play and love.
(Please listen to the podcast episode or read the transcript to gain access to the full conversation, points, and examples.)
Important points from Michaela Boehm:
- The importance of engaging with yourself, having intimacy with yourself, and having intimacy with another person, as well as engaging in sensual, erotic, ecstatic play.
- Each human being has two aspects or two principles present. One is the “go” or the “doing” principle (masculine). The other is the “flow” or “being” principle (feminine).
- Both aspects exist in each person in equal amount because “go without flow” is disastrous and “flow with go” is pretty disastrous too.
- People usually have a preference for where they like to reside most either in the masculine (“the go”) or feminine (“the flow”) principle.
- Many misunderstandings happen when people mix women with feminine and men with masculine.
- The polarity between the masculine and feminine aspects spark sexual tension and attraction. The person with whom you have the most sexual attraction to is the person with whom is most different from you.
- The more different somebody is from you, the stronger the spark of attraction will be.
- The more similar you are with somebody the better your relationship will be.
- If you have a strong attraction in your relationship, but you are in conflict with each other, you want to work on relationship skills.
- If you have a strong relationship, but the sexual attraction is not as strong, then you want to use the principles of erotic friction to create the spark.
- Whatever you do the most creates the strongest bodily pattern. If you spend 20 years on the go, you are not going to simply soften into a surrendered blob of pleasure. Your body is not conditioned for that. However, this is not the same as not having it. You have it.
- You have the capacity for both the masculine and the feminine principles within you. You were born with it. It is your birthright.
- You can develop the principle that you have not been in the habit of using as much.
- It is also important to destress before practicing some of these protocols.
Click on this link to access the transcript for this episode: ERP 099: How To Work With The Masculine And Feminine Polarity with Michaela Boehm [Transcript]
If you have a topic you would like me to discuss, please contact me by clicking on the “Ask Dr. Jessica Higgins” button here.
Thank you so much for your interest in improving your relationship.
Also, I would so appreciate your honest rating and review. Please leave a review by clicking here.
Thank you! ❤
If you are interested in developing new skills to overcome relationship challenges, please consider taking the Empowered Relationship Course or doing relationship coaching work with me.